Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do I Add Music To QuickTime?
Dreambird
post Dec 20 2004, 12:19 AM
Post #1

between a rock and a hard place

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

I've got an Animated Gif that I've converted into a self-contained QT Movie... OK so that's the video track... I wanted to add a music track... tried to according to these instructions on QT's site:

To add an audio track to a movie:
Choose Import from the File menu and select an audio file to import. A new QuickTime Player window appears. Choose Select All from the Edit menu to select the entire audio clip, then choose Copy from the Edit menu.
Open the movie you want to add the audio to and position the playback head at the location where you want the audio to start. Then choose Add or Add Scaled from the Edit menu.
Add Scaled will slow down or speed up the audio to fit the length of the movie.

The video is set to "loop" and I just chose "Add"... so what happens is the video goes through once, no looping and then the music starts to a grey screen...

QT6.0.3 on OS9.1...

What am I doing wrong? Or maybe I'm trying something that won't work? huh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danf63
post Dec 20 2004, 06:34 AM
Post #2

TS Addict

Member No.: 156

Hi, Dreambird

You're almost there. It sounds like your playhead was at the end of the movie when you added the music track. Put the playhead at the start of your movie, and then choose Add.

If your music is longer than your video, then you will get the gray screen after your video ends. The looping won't begin until the music finishes.

You can always delete the rest of the music. Position the playhead to the very end of the video track, hold shift, and slide the playhead to the end of the movie. Then press delete.

Dan

+Quote Post
Dreambird
post Dec 21 2004, 02:02 AM
Post #3

between a rock and a hard place

Member No.: 10

Thanks... I'm catching on! I needed more frames to my animation... many more, but it's working now... just took some fiddling... wink.gif

+Quote Post
danf63
post Dec 22 2004, 09:45 AM
Post #4

TS Addict

Member No.: 156

Dreambird,

If you're trying to put music to pictures, you might want to skip the animated GIF part. You can import a folder of pictures as an image sequence, which allows you to set the duration of the pictures.

Of course, if you used something like GifBuilder and used the special transitions, then that might still be the easiest way. You can alwys set the duration in GifBuilder.

Once you make it to OS X, iPhoto will do the job for you.

Dan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 10:06 AM