Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jump eudora has jumped away?
kimmer
post Jul 7 2008, 09:19 PM
Post #1

something goes here

Group: Admin2
Member No.: 995
My Mac(s): iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 10.9.3; Chrome, Apple Mail, goofy printer from HP

Okay. I used to be able to highlight words, phrases, whatever in Eudora - do a right-click and it would open Firefox* to the Google search page for me; just as though I'd gone to FF and pasted the info in the box. For 3 days now, every time I try this I get this alert:

CODE
Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at jump.eudora.com.

*   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

My network connection is fine. My firewall isn't set to block FF. Somehow I don't think it's a temp thing?

Does anyone else use Eudora and if so, are you able to search by right-clicking?

Eudora 6.2.4

EDITED TO ADD:

*For the record: I set Safari as my default browser and it also couldn't connect. The error message is:
CODE
Safari can’t connect to the server.
Safari can’t open the page “http://jump.eudora.com/jump.cgi?action=search&platform=MacOS&product=Eudora&version=6.2.4.8&la=en&query=upgraded” because it could not connect to the server “jump.eudora.com”.

So now I'm thinking this was something provided by Qualcomm/Eudora and it's been shut down? If so, is there a way to set Eudora to just reach out and touch Google?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MamaMoose
post Jul 8 2008, 02:52 AM
Post #2

Ancient, Graybeard TSer & Founder

Group: Founder-Emeritus
Member No.: 2,645
My Mac(s): quad 8-core Mac pro -12GB RAM(main system), 23

kimmer,

I have been using Eudora for at least 10 years and I do not ever remeber seeing the "access Google" capability. When the the last time you were able to access Google via jump.eudora?

In checking the Internet, I found that jump.eudora does not exist. I think it has been abandoned by Eudora/Qualcomm since they abandoned Eudora for the Mac, at least ver a year ago.Check the Help file in Eudora 6.2.4 and you will find that there is no result when trying jump or jump.eudora.

MamaMoose

--------------------
Ancient Graybeard Techsurvivors Founder
Dual 2 GHz PPCG5, 3.5 GB RAM, OS 10.4.8
Single core 1.5 GHz Intel Mini, 2 GB RAM, OS 10.4.8

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jul 8 2008, 11:20 AM
Post #3

Patience is for humans!

Member No.: 234
My Mac(s): 10.9.4, 27" iMac 12,2 i7, 3.4GHz, 8GB ram, 1TB internal, 1 TB Seagate TM, 2 TB SD + scratch disk

Did you try the link in the thread about confirming a defunct site or a bad link?

--------------------
Never trust an atom.
They make up everything.

+Quote Post
kimmer
post Jul 8 2008, 11:36 AM
Post #4

something goes here

Member No.: 995
My Mac(s): iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 10.9.3; Chrome, Apple Mail, goofy printer from HP

MM: If it helps, it doesn't say "access Google", it says "search web for" but it uses Google. Highlight any word or phrase in Eudora and right click (or control-click) and you should get this menu.

I was last able to have it check the web earlier this month.

ABD, I did try that and it doesn't see the site.

+Quote Post
Gregg
post Jul 8 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #5

Formally Addicted to TS

Group: Members
Member No.: 161
My Mac(s): Mac Mini, Intel Core 2 Duo, OS 10.5.5

Doesn't it work to just twitch your nose?

No, wait. That was Endora. (Well, her daughter Samantha...)

--------------------
Ya gotta applaud those bunnies for sacrificing their hearing just so some guy in Yonkers Cupertino can have better TV reception.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 08:43 AM