Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any ideas about a strange iPhone incident?, Strange photo I did not take...
post Jan 25 2018, 06:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 407

Hope someone can solve this riddle... I was showing pix to family on the iPhone and found one that I certainly did not take and it did not look like an amateur pic but nobody recognised the man in it. Later I put it into the Google picture search window and the nearest match it could find was actor Dylan Walsh. One of the "similar" pix was the very picture on my phone - but reversed left to right.

At the time it was added we were having a meal, so the phone was behind me on a shelf and it did not sound out. I can't find any email attachment that matches and I don't 'do' games.

Can someone 'magic' a picture into my phone? Any suggestions, please?

My Macs:
MBP Mid-2010 15in; 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard);
27in mid-2011 iMac 3.1 GHz i5, OS10.8.5 (Mountain Lion), 4GB RAM, 1TB HD; Dead graphics card...
MBP Retina, 15in, Mid-2014, OS X High Sierra
Oh, and a G3 DV-SE (OS9.*) in the cupboard behind me...

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2018, 07:06 PM
Post #2

Patience is for humans!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 234
My Mac(s): 27" iMac (mid-2011), 10.12.6, Headless Mac mini, 10.11.6 running 24/7 to feed PWS

There is a way to share lots of things between two iPhones, but it requires both people set up the sharing, I think/hope! It's been a few years since I actually did it... I'm pretty sure that's the function of AirDrop. This is an old article about it. I'd suggest you simply disable it on your phone until you want to use it: Settings->General->AirDrop->Receiving Off.

I would also suggest keeping WiFi off unless you know who runs the local hotspot, especially if it is not secured by password/registration.

where a chicken can cross the road
without having its motives questioned.

Signals, holiday 2014
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th March 2018 - 10:51 AM