Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dropbox Provider crashes, Old habits cause new problems... again
post Jan 23 2018, 01:45 PM
Post #1

Patience is for humans!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 234
My Mac(s): 27" iMac (mid-2011), 10.12.6, Headless Mac mini, 10.11.6 running 24/7 to feed PWS

Just this month (why? dntknw.gif) I've started having problems with "Dropbox Provider" crashing and displaying the big crash details screen. As soon as one clicks the "OK" button, up pops the new crash screen. wallbash.gif Usually lasts for 3 to 5 iterations. Extremely distracting, to say the least. I think this may have happened even last December, I seem to remember updating DB not long ago.

Today I discovered that others have reported this to DB Support. I also realized that I have been seeing this when I opened Numbers! Seems the DB daemon is 'seeing' events caused by the old versions of both Pages and Numbers. wallbash.gif The "solution" grudgingly adopted by many is to simply use the newer, crippled versions. rolleyes.gif Some have resorted to Quitting DB if/when they use Pages/Numbers and (usually) restarting it afterwards. Since I am now reverting to using iCloud for syncing 1Password, I may start g=doing that myself. DB Support says they are not sure they will/can do anything about this problem as it might require changes to Apple's old, unsupported apps.

As for 'old habits', I fear I may have accidentally opened one of my Numbers documents with a double-click.Guess which version started...

where a chicken can cross the road
without having its motives questioned.

Signals, holiday 2014
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th March 2018 - 10:44 AM