> Recent updates
Xairbusdriver
post Jan 7 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #126

Patience is for humans!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 234
My Mac(s): 10.12.5

Noticed some strange things showing up in the "Shared" area of a Finder side-bar and decided to run iStumbler. It opened fine but crashed/froze several times. Unfortunately, that version came out as release 99, back to Feb, 2010! <Release 100 GM Candidate 3> is available but still in ίeta. Seems to run fine. YMMV. wink.gif

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY
where a chicken can cross the road
without having its motives questioned.

Signals, holiday 2014
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jan 16 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #127

Patience is for humans!

<Default Folder X 4.4.8> brings back contextual menus, compatibility problems with Chrome and QuickTime and more.

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jan 16 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #128

Patience is for humans!

<GraphicConverter X 7.6 (394)>
<BBEdit 10.1.1>

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jan 19 2012, 05:41 PM
Post #129

Patience is for humans!

<Typinator 5.0>
<Changes/improvements in this version>

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jan 31 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #130

Patience is for humans!

AirPort Utility on Lion updates:

Please read this thread before making any updates on Airport Utility and/or the firmware update on your base station! <AirPort Utility 5.6 vs. 6.0>
and <Regret updating to AirPort Utility 6.0>

There are two updates. You may end up with two AU apps (if you now have AU 5.5.3), the 5.6 will be needed for older devices and many have found it is still needed because the version 6 is modeled after the iOS UI (dumbed down!). Both apps can be used/installed but should probably not be running at the same time. Sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen! I don't intend to install either update for a few days, hopefully after the "train wreck" is cleared! smile.gif

Matter of fact, AU 5.6 doesn't even delete the older AU 5.5.3! So, if you make both the "updates" you'll probably have THREE versions of AU installed. wallbash.gif If you read the two threads below, you'll probably decide to wait on the 6.0 version, also. Some have become quite alarmed at the loss of functionality, even though some have found ways to get it back. The consensus is to just use the new 5.6 app unless you need the Back-to-my-mac thing on iCloud.

<AirPort Utility 5.6> "Resolves an issue with using network passwords stored in the Keychain. Works with AirPort Express 802.11g and AirPort Extreme 802.11g base stations" It also must be available to use the next update.
<AirPort Utility 6.0> adds changes needed for iCloud and AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, and Time Capsule

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Feb 4 2012, 11:39 AM
Post #131

Patience is for humans!

TechTool Pro is now at version 6.0.4. Available via the "Check for Updates" in the app or from your account at Micromat.

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Feb 16 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #132

Patience is for humans!

NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT DRIVERS BEFORE UPDATING THEM. BETTER STILL, WAIT A FEW DAYS/WEEKS TO SEE IF ANY OF THE UPDATES DO THINGS YOU'D RATHER THEY NOT! smile.gif
A "Slew" of Printer driver updates! <This page> will let you choose one for your brand (if it has an update, of course) or run Software Update which will download only the appropriate drivers.
NOTE #2: Be sure to check any special features of your printer after the update. Does it still print Duplex? Does the scanner still work? Does it recognize print settings in previously created documents? etc.

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
gunug
post Feb 17 2012, 04:36 PM
Post #133

TS πάλινδρσμος

Group: Members
Member No.: 659
My Mac(s): MacPro Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Macbook Pro Mid-2011, eMAC's, G4-800MHz, G3, Aluminum Powerbook G4, Powerbook 5300

Apple just put up scads of new printer drivers on their support page:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/

I hope these help some people and situations!

--------------------
If there really is no beer in heaven then maybe at least the
computers will work all of the time!

+Quote Post
kimmer
post Feb 17 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #134

Snowball

Member No.: 995

Perhaps it's time to unpin the other thread and just lets scads of individual threads come and go?

--------------------
One Widow's Journey

My Macs: iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 10.11.6; rMBPro; default browser: Safari; default email: browser for gmail

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Feb 17 2012, 10:04 PM
Post #135

Patience is for humans!

OK by me, but they'll slide off the front (and other pages) as other rethreads get added. The last thread on my front page was only started Feb 9, barely a week ago, easy to miss any thread started much more the a week ago, if things don't slow down a lot. dntknw.gif I kinda thought that was the whole point of having 'pinned' threads. Since I think all 'skins' show when there's a new message, it's easy to see when something is...uhmn...new? laughhard.gif

sometime later in the day...
In response to the thread just after this one unless it (the one after this one from kimmer, that is) gets deleted, I'll just delete the one I made before this one since it makes no sense in the combined thread, not that it made much sense, anyway, as it came from me, if you know what I mean...[this sentence has been ended sue to an over use of creation punctuation]

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
kimmer
post Feb 17 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #136

Snowball

QUOTE(Xairbusdriver @ Feb 17 2012, 07:04 PM) *
OK by me, but they'll slide off the front (and other pages) as other rethreads get added. The last thread on my front page was only started Feb 9, barely a week ago, easy to miss any thread started much more the a week ago, if things don't slow down a lot. dntknw.gif I kinda thought that was the whole point of having 'pinned' threads. Since I think all 'skins' show when there's a new message, it's easy to see when something is...uhmn...new? laughhard.gif

Good point. I'm going to merge this thread into the pinned thread, and leave that thread pinned.

--------------------
One Widow's Journey

My Macs: iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 10.11.6; rMBPro; default browser: Safari; default email: browser for gmail

+Quote Post
kimmer
post Mar 12 2012, 12:01 PM
Post #137

Snowball

calibre 0.8.42 released:

http://calibre-ebook.com/download_osx

calibre works on OS X Leopard and higher.

There is a link for the older versions.

Release: 0.8.42 [12 Mar, 2012]
New Features
• Support for reading Amazon's new KF8 format calibre can now both view and convert MOBI files that contain Amazon's new KF8 (Kindle Fire) format
• Add a tweak to Preferences->Tweaks to control the font size used in the book details panel Closes tickets: 948357
• Allow specifying a list of file types to exclude when automatically adding files from a folder Closes tickets: 943025
• Show ratings in the book details panel as stars. Also allow the user to change the alignment of the ratings column in the main books list. No longer display the stars in blue, instead their color can be customized via the column coloring rules, like any other column
• When setting metadata in EPUB ensure that the <meta name=cover> tag has its name attribute first. Needed for the Nook.
• Drivers for Novo 7, LG G2x and Zenithink T-280 Closes tickets: 941671 , 940625 , 940527
• Update linux binaries to Qt 4.8.0
Bug Fixes
• Fix some rar files causing crashes on OS X (updated libunrar.dylib in the OS X build) Closes tickets: 951185
• MOBI Output: Ignore the Table of Contents pointed to by the guide, if it contains no links
• ODT Input: Ignore margin declaration in ODT styles if more specific margin-* declarations are present Closes tickets: 941134
• Conversion pipeline: Fix @import rules in CSS stylesheets that have comments on their first few lines being ignored.
• EPUB Input: When extracting the contents of epub files on windows, do not error out if one or more of the components in the epub file have filepaths containing characters that are invalid for the windows filesystem, instead, just replace those characters, since those entries are likely to be errors in the zip container anyway. Closes tickets: 950081
• Textile output: Fix issue with blockquotes and sentences getting removed.
• MOBI Output: When using the prefer author sort conversion option, handle multiple authors better. Closes tickets: 947146
• Fix regression in 0.8.41 that broke direct connection to iDevices in windows Closes tickets: 944534
• Fix the download bulk metadata completed popup causing a crash if the Esc key is pressed. Closes tickets: 943056
• Fix rating values doubled in CSV/XML catalogs Closes tickets: 942790
• EPUB Input: Remove non markup documents from the spine automatically, instead of erroring out
• When formatting ratings in templates, etc., do not have an unnecessary .0
• Calibre portable: Do not allow calibre portable to run if it is placed in a location whose path is too long. Also hide the library location setup in the welcome wizard when running the portable build.
• Fix regression in 0.8.41 that broke calibre if the TMP or TEMP environment variable is set to the root of a drive. Closes tickets: 952284
• Fix display of ratings type custom fields in the content server Closes tickets: 940600
New news sources
• Racjonalista by Racjonlista
• JAPAA by adoucette
Improved news sources
• La Jornada
• Chicago Tribune
• Mediapart
• rue89

--------------------
One Widow's Journey

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Mar 20 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #138

Patience is for humans!

Software Updater updated! Mainly for Snow Leopard users. wink.gif
<Apple Software Installer Update 1.0>

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Mar 31 2012, 01:27 PM
Post #139

Patience is for humans!

<ClamXav 2.2.4> (OS X 10.4 users should NOT download this update)

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Apr 4 2012, 03:11 PM
Post #140

Patience is for humans!

<SpamSieve 2.9> now available. Lots of things to prepare for Mountain Lion and Gatekeeper. But they're not forgetting the details, either! For example; "When sorting spam messages by color in Apple Mail, you can now use Grey as a synonym for Gray." WOW.gif Now aye doughnt hav too remember awl those speling rulz!!! laughhard.gif

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Apr 11 2012, 09:52 AM
Post #141

Patience is for humans!

Acrobat Pro and Reader updates:
<Reader X 10.1.3>
<Acrpbat Pro 10.1.3>
<Reader 9.5.1 (Intel)>
<Reader 9.5.1 (PPC)>

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Apr 24 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #142

Patience is for humans!

PopCharX 5.4 update (needs 10.5.8 or later)

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
chriskleeman
post Oct 8 2012, 09:19 PM
Post #143

Ahh, just a Woodchuck

Member No.: 1,157
My Mac(s): MBP 2.7 GHz, 512 GB, 16 GB RAM, G4 1.45 Ghz DA, Superdrive, Combodrive, 1.5 GB RAM, 10.4.11, Epson Artisan 810, 27" iMac 8GB RAM

FYI,

Just updated to Lion 10.7.5, no problems at this juncture.

Done via Software Update.

Chris Thinking.gif

--------------------
Just a dumb guitar player...
My Website

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Oct 29 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #144

Patience is for humans!

Two useful utilities:

DefaultFolderX update: <4.5 now available> Makes selecting a Save/Open directory a snap!

Just started using this one: <TotalFinder> I normally always had two Finder windows open to facilitate moving stuff. TotalFinder adds a 'tab' function (among several other things) to Finder window(s). So now I can have one Finder window but with multiple tabs for different directories! clap.gif It's not cheap at $18 but I have not seen any problems with it in ML, so I'm probably going to purchase it. There are versions available for other OS X installs, BTW.

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jun 20 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #145

Patience is for humans!

Since this kind of app is seldom run and it won't be noticed by Software Update, here's some news about the latest update of <TechTool Pro.> Looks like the biggest improvement is in the memory test, the fact that it's now a 64-bit app and that it will be Maverick compatible.

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jul 6 2013, 09:55 AM
Post #146

Patience is for humans!

<Security Update 2013-003 1.0>, mainly for QuickTime, update for 10.6 through .8. Also available via the App Store.

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
kimmer
post Jul 10 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #147

Snowball

QUOTE(Xairbusdriver @ Jul 6 2013, 07:55 AM) *
<Security Update 2013-003 1.0>, mainly for QuickTime, update for 10.6 through .8. Also available via the App Store.

Thanks for this. I had a dickens of a time actually finding the download, but I did and it's installed and all is well. So far. wink.gif

--------------------
One Widow's Journey

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jul 10 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #148

Patience is for humans!

Sorry, I just linked to the info page. The download should have been in the Mac App Store->Updates. dntknw.gif

BTW, the app doesn't have a "Preferences" menu. You have to go to the System Prefs and then select the "Software Update" Pref Panel. wallbash.gif There, you can check the 'Automatically check for updates' box and you'll get a Notification should there be one. That's all I allow it to do, thank you very much. Just be careful when you get a notification! There are two buttons:
    1. 'Show me the meat' (or something like that, it just opens the MAS and the Updates section).
    2. 'Download and install and even Restart, if needed, without further notice or concern for what I might be doing! ARE YOU SERIOUS?'
eek2.gif

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 01:48 AM