Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No internet connection? No Keynote. :(
kimmer
post Jan 11 2018, 04:50 PM
Post #1

Snowball

Group: Admin
Member No.: 995

My 'net was down and I was in the midst of a project. I could work on the docs/slides there were open, but I couldn't get any additional slides to open. It was frustrating. So is there a preference I'm missing that would stop Keynote from reaching out to Apple (or whomever) when it's running?

--------------------
My Macs: iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 10.12.6; rMBPro; default browser: Safari; default email: browser for gmail
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jan 11 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #2

Patience is for humans!

Member No.: 234
My Mac(s): 27" iMac (mid-2011), 10.12.6, Headless Mac mini, 10.11.6 running 24/7 to feed PWS

The new version may be trying to use iCloud for syncing. I have no idea what it's prefs look like, but if you also have a file that you view on an iDevice, it may try syncing with any changes you make. What, if any other apps did you have running?

Back to Keynote:
1. If you had included any links, it may not work properly when it 'knows' you can't access the web (obviously the links would not work, but it may also be monitoring access.
2.1. If you had a browser (or any other app that needs access to the web) it could be frozen/bogging down the System.
2.2. Do you have Keynote 'enabled' to use iCloud. (System Prefs->Internet Accounts->Cloud Options)
3. Check the "Force Quit" window to see what other app might be un-cooperative.
4. Make sure you aren't using any fonts that are actually on-line instead of locally loaded.
5. Any images/themes/backgrounds/lyrics/license notices/etc. that are interweb accessed and not downloaded?

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY
where a chicken can cross the road
without having its motives questioned.

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
kimmer
post Jan 11 2018, 05:30 PM
Post #3

Snowball

Good questions.

1) There are NO links in my slides.
2) I do NOT have syncing set up for any other devices.
3) Keynote does NOT back up to the cloud. Everything (including photos, fonts, movies, backgrounds, etc) is stored locally on my iMac.
4) There were no other apps running. I'd quit everything since the 'net was down. I can't check the "force quit" window as the net is back up, but I'm pretty sure everything quit as it should have as the dock showed no open apps.

Also, I'm running version: 7.3.1 (5249)

--------------------
My Macs: iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 10.12.6; rMBPro; default browser: Safari; default email: browser for gmail

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jan 11 2018, 05:41 PM
Post #4

Patience is for humans!

My Mac(s): 27" iMac (mid-2011), 10.12.6, Headless Mac mini, 10.11.6 running 24/7 to feed PWS

I'm sorry, but your response numbers do not match the question numbers. This may indicate that you are not a human but a Bot. Further attempts to troll this forum may result in your being 'banned'. If you are a real human, please re-read the questions and respond appropriately.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience. TS Security Conformance Department of Security and Redundancy Conformance

the net is back up
Thinking.gif I suspect those who monitor our Homeland Security don't like us to be creating documents when they can't monitor them/us. Next time you lose web access, it would probably be wise to just shut down the computer. That way you won't be frustrated with all other apps running slowly. thumbup.gif scram.gif

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
kimmer
post Jan 11 2018, 06:44 PM
Post #5

Snowball

QUOTE(Xairbusdriver @ Jan 11 2018, 03:41 PM) *
    If you are a real human, please re-read the questions and respond appropriately.

I can't because that might get me banned. Devilish2.gif

Although I think the numbering system is screwy, tease.gif here are my answers--again. Please note my answers are blue italics, and I doubt a bot could do that. toothgrin.gif

1. If you had included any links, it may not work properly when it 'knows' you can't access the web (obviously the links would not work, but it may also be monitoring access.There are no links in my slides.
2.1. If you had a browser (or any other app that needs access to the web) it could be frozen/bogging down the System. There were no other apps open.
2.2. Do you have Keynote 'enabled' to use iCloud. (System Prefs->Internet Accounts->Cloud Options) No.
3. Check the "Force Quit" window to see what other app might be un-cooperative. Can't because the 'net is back up.
4. Make sure you aren't using any fonts that are actually on-line instead of locally loaded. Everything (including photos, fonts, movies, backgrounds, etc) is stored locally on my iMac.
5. Any images/themes/backgrounds/lyrics/license notices/etc. that are interweb accessed and not downloaded? See above. Or ... Everything (including photos, fonts, movies, backgrounds, etc) is stored locally on my iMac.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jan 11 2018, 10:32 PM
Post #6

Patience is for humans!

Examining your responses leaves no doubt that you are a bot and all your base are ours!

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2018 - 02:24 PM