> Preview Your Snail Mail
kimmer
post Sep 1 2017, 12:11 PM
Post #1

Snowball

Group: Admin
Member No.: 995

https://www.macobserver.com/tips/quick-tip/...iew-snail-mail/

Rather fascinating. I'm considering signing up.

--------------------
My Macs: iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 10.12.6; rMBPro; default browser: Safari; default email: browser for gmail
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Sep 1 2017, 12:52 PM
Post #2

Patience is for humans!

Member No.: 234
My Mac(s): 10.12.6

uhmn... Not exactly "previewing" what's actually inside the envelope... But it would be useful if they could tell you where your mail actually went! Sometimes the recipient will mark it with a 'gentle' note (When did the USPS start hiring non-readers?) reporting that the recipient is not living on the Golf Course (Hello!?) where it was delivered. Sometimes the recipient will stick it in your mail box (usually before opening and reading the contents). Sometimes it just gets thrown in the "anyone-have-an-idea-of-what-to-do-with-this-collection?" bin... This year, Judy asked me if I'd seen the tax bill on a house we own in a nearby town. Nope! She called and discovered they'd mailed it in Feb. They were happy to send another copy in June... whistling.gif I suppose we could have monitored the website continuously for the first few months of the year. Or not. OK, they can email me.

I'm just not keen (look it up!) about sharing even more personal/private/historical info about me and my family with yet another large, opaque, quasi, not-known-for-customer-service organization just to know I'm getting yet another catalogue! wallbash.gif laughhard.gif

At least the USPS is trying! Some say very trying!! jawdrop.gif

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY
where a chicken can cross the road
without having its motives questioned.

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
RNKIII
post Sep 1 2017, 03:04 PM
Post #3

You don't need to be 'right' to be correct.

Member No.: 85
My Mac(s): Retina 5k 27

We've been using it here in southern MN. For about 4-5 months. Nice to know what's coming today, only shows you 1st class, or 'flats' as they call them. No catalogs or packages... Think it is good for travelers, knowing what is being held or going into the box for the house sitter to put in the collection box. Works well for us.
Is scanned during cancellation process in Twin Cities processing center prior to coming to our burg...

Bob K. rnkiii

+Quote Post
Bruce_F
post Sep 3 2017, 02:57 PM
Post #4

Happy to be Retired!

Group: Members
Member No.: 31
My Mac(s): MacBook Pro, 17in. Mid 2009 Running OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite, Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, Memory: 8GB, Wireless: Time Capsule and AirPort Express.

I currently live where mailboxes are on the roadside. I signed up for this feature and I like it. Like Bob said, it's limited to mail pieces that can be sorted and scanned, so along with catalogs, any parcels you get will not be scanned. It's nice to see an email each day with an image showing that you can expect something in the mailbox.

I recently got an email from USPS telling me they are updating the system to enhance the experience a bit more. I'm looking forward to what it will be.

Anyway, I recommend it!

--------------------
-Bruce-

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 02:37 PM