IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For better or worse there will be another "major" update to, (Fear and trepidation in the offing)
gunug
post Sep 1 2017, 10:23 AM
Post #1

TS πάλινδρóμος

Group: Members
Member No.: 659
My Mac(s): MacPro Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Macbook Pro Mid-2011, eMAC's, G4-800MHz, G3, Aluminum Powerbook G4, Powerbook 5300

For many reasons I set up a new Windows 7 machine in order to obtain the "free as beer" update to Windows 10 last year. Now they're planning on pushing another update in October of this year. I'm 1 for 2 on these
updates working now; first one caused me to have to set up a new home account because it ate the other one. The second one (want to say June or July) worked great an actually improved things. Not looking forward to this and I'll have to plan for it to fail this time.

Yet perhaps the biggest change coming with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is the rollout of Windows Mixed Reality. This is Microsoft’s long promised foray into consumer VR. While we’ve only seen a little of what this experience will look like we do know major computer makers like Dell, Acer, Lenovo, and HP are producing headset to work with Mixed Reality, and that unlike the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive, these headsets won’t require a bunch of extra cameras and IR sensors placed around the room to work properly. Headsets will start at $300, and many, like the Acer and HP headsets, will come in bundles including controllers based on a design Microsoft announced back into May.

http://gizmodo.com/the-next-big-windows-up...798693639"]http://gizmodo.com/the-next-big-windows-up...uter-1798693639

I predict that "mixed reality" will be, a best, a mixed blessing!

--------------------
If there really is no beer in heaven then maybe at least the
computers will work all of the time!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Sep 1 2017, 12:55 PM
Post #2

Patience is for humans!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 234
My Mac(s): 10.12.6

Good luck! scram.gif

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY
where a chicken can cross the road
without having its motives questioned.

Signals, holiday 2014
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 04:20 PM