IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone here know how to "sign in" at YouTube?
Xairbusdriver
post Jun 30 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #1

Patience is for humans!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 234
My Mac(s): 10.12.6

I can access my Google account. I have re-installed the Google Authenticator app on my iPhone. I have tried to "sign in" with the latest versions of Opera, Chrome, Firefox and Safari. I have enabled both javascript and Flash«. I have attempted to find answers at various Google "Support", "FAQ", "Help" pages. I have not tried standing on my head. dry.gif

I have wasted too much time already, I give up. Here is all I see if I click on the red "sign in" link:
Attached File  YouTube_sign_in.jpg ( 83.3K ) Number of downloads: 9

Note the complete lack of a cursor. wallbash.gif Nor does anything show up while typing. rolleyes.gif

The "Sign in" link in the upper right-hand area of the page is even less responsive, absolutely nothing happens when it is clicked. nono.gif

I think Google is just upset because I have DuckDuckGo as my default search engine! eek2.gif

BTW, I know this is a "private" video. It's a demo of a small circuit board designed to insert a 20,000 Hz signal into a camera's audio input. That freq is too high for humans to hear, but it is 'audible' to the camera's Automatic Gain Control and it prevents it from increasing the gain when there is no relevant sound to be heard. Normally the AGC would increase the gain and eventually you will hear/record 'gray' noise or even the sounds of the auto focus mechanisms operating. A classic case of engineers developing a solution for a problem that id not always there! cheer2.gif

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY
where a chicken can cross the road
without having its motives questioned.

Signals, holiday 2014
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jul 1 2017, 11:48 AM
Post #2

Patience is for humans!

Never mind. rolleyes.gif It's been a long time since I saw anything on YouTube that I couldn't have lived without. I'll simply continue to live quite well without being able to "sign in".

Turns out I can now view the video and the elimination of the AGC in my camera, should I choose to build thie simple little circuit. The author misunderstood the YT settings and has converted the vid to one anyone can view, if they search enough. Fortunately the link he originally provided still works, he just changed the 'permissions' required to view it. For any who want, here is the exciting video link!!

You are welcome! tease.gif

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
kimmer
post Jul 1 2017, 01:22 PM
Post #3

Snowball

Member No.: 995

Was this all because it was a private video?

I've never bumped into any issues at youtube, so I had no solutions for you.

Anyhow, I'm glad it now works.

--------------------
My Macs: iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 10.12.6; rMBPro; default browser: Safari; default email: browser for gmail

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jul 1 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #4

Patience is for humans!

The original 'private' video was not meant to be set as 'private' but simply 'unlisted'. They were intended to be seen only by people who subscribed to the authors (email) Blog. However, the lack of any responsive text input when the red "sign in" link was clicked is something I could not figure out. Likewise, the YT "sign in" link did not even present a dialog for entering a username/password. Same lack of response in all the browsers mentioned and javascript/Flash« setting changes I tried.

I did enjoy the 2-factor authentication dance I participated in during the trouble-shooting. NOT!!! wallbash.gif I sincerely hope I never, ever, have to endure that conglomeration of steps and device checking again. Especially for nothing more important than watching a cat movie!! laughhard.gif

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
gunug
post Jul 2 2017, 01:19 PM
Post #5

TS πάλινδρˇμος

Group: Members
Member No.: 659
My Mac(s): MacPro Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Macbook Pro Mid-2011, eMAC's, G4-800MHz, G3, Aluminum Powerbook G4, Powerbook 5300

We have Google/Gmail in place as stock for our work network and if we want to see a Youtube video (Youtube being a creature of Google) we have to log into the Gmail account but not always under Chrome. I'm afraid if I were to sign into Youtube at home it would want to apply a set of rules for school children to my home views; sometimes blocking assorted things for no apparent reason (phases of the moon, solar radiation, I Don't Know). I could use a personal GMAIL account that I made for some stupid reason years ago but I'm not sure what the password is anymore! I'm still waiting for my new Internet Provider (Midco now) to allow me to set up and email account with them; this is only important because my Yahoo account might be disappeared for linkage to SBCGLOBAL.

Automatic Gain Control?

--------------------
If there really is no beer in heaven then maybe at least the
computers will work all of the time!

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Jul 2 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #6

Patience is for humans!

Automatic Gain Control?
Yep. For the camera, not for Google, of course. laughhard.gif

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY

Signals, holiday 2014

+Quote Post
gunug
post Jul 5 2017, 07:33 AM
Post #7

TS πάλινδρˇμος

Group: Members
Member No.: 659
My Mac(s): MacPro Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Macbook Pro Mid-2011, eMAC's, G4-800MHz, G3, Aluminum Powerbook G4, Powerbook 5300

Just going to say it would be nice to lower the volume of Google!

--------------------
If there really is no beer in heaven then maybe at least the
computers will work all of the time!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 04:11 AM