Reply to this topicStart new topic
> privacy on the web
jchuzi
post Aug 11 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #1

TS Addict

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,731
My Mac(s): OS 10.12.6, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, Office 2008, Nikon LS 8000 scanner

Here's an interesting read: What Secrets Does your Browser Know (and Reveal) About You?

This post has been edited by Xairbusdriver: Aug 12 2017, 10:45 AM
Reason for edit: Modified/shortened url

--------------------
Jon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Aug 12 2017, 10:32 AM
Post #2

Patience is for humans!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 234
My Mac(s): 10.12.6

Thanks for the link, jon!

And some wonder why I have and still do hate javascript. rolleyes.gif It had great promise and did a lot of things that couldn't be done in the early days of web browsers. Today, not so much. On the other hand, it has become one of the primary means of invading our privacy. wallbash.gif

Been using Nord VPN for a couple of months, but it does sometimes slow things down and if you lose the connection to their server, it forces your browser to Quit. Fortunately, most browsers (I think) will/can restart with all the last tabs open.

I think some of the most irritating javascript's are the ones that detect blockers and complain or accuse us of denying them income. I usually just never go back. If they can't figure out a better way to supply what I want, they obviously don't want me as a customer. rolleyes.gif If they really value my info, pay me for it!

--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY
where a chicken can cross the road
without having its motives questioned.

Signals, holiday 2014
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 08:49 PM