IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> macOS 10.13.2 is now available in isle 13
Xairbusdriver
post Dec 6 2017, 07:15 PM
Post #1


Patience is for humans!


Group: Admin
Posts: 23,761
Joined: 16-November 00
From: Memphis, TN area
Member No.: 234
My Mac(s): 10.12.6



I think it's actually macOS High Sierra 10.13.2. Fortunately, most Mac screens can handle the longer name... rolleyes.gif

What we cannot handle are the bugs as big as they have been! Reminds me of those block-buster (often foreign-made) "Invasion of the Monster/Radioactive/etc. Insect" movies...

Personally, I'm waiting for macOhesS H i g h S i e r r a 1 0 . 1 3 . 3 before I go to High Sierra at all. yes.gif


--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY
where a chicken can cross the road
without having its motives questioned.

Signals, holiday 2014
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Dec 7 2017, 09:30 AM
Post #2


Patience is for humans!


Group: Admin
Posts: 23,761
Joined: 16-November 00
From: Memphis, TN area
Member No.: 234
My Mac(s): 10.12.6



Just as a reminder, I think a "Combo" update is always safer and therefore better than an App Store updater. The former does a clean install. The latter asks lets updater decide what parts you need to update. While the App Store updater usually works, I don't understand why we should trust the coders to know everything that's changed in our own set up. The "coders" and their quality control procedures haven't been running at 101% lately...


--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY
where a chicken can cross the road
without having its motives questioned.

Signals, holiday 2014
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
kimmer
post Dec 7 2017, 01:31 PM
Post #3


Snowball


Group: Admin
Posts: 8,189
Joined: 2-April 02
Member No.: 995



I think I'll wait until it's the Blue Light Special in aisle 5. rofl.gif rolleyes.gif

Edit to clarify: Iím not running High Sierra, and I'm holding off updating to HS until I can afford to replace my iMac.


--------------------
My Macs: iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 10.12.6; rMBPro; default browser: Safari; default email: browser for gmail
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Paddy
post Dec 7 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #4


TS Maven


Group: Admin
Posts: 13,247
Joined: 3-October 00
From: Toronto, ON, Canada
Member No.: 133
My Mac(s): 2.7GHz 2012 Retina MacBook Pro, 4GHz late-2014 27" iMac, iPad Pro, iPhone 5S and various other Apple thingies belonging to household members



There are quite a few security updates in the latest OS update, so I'm not sure why you'd want to skip the update...especially since there don't seem to be any reports of disaster as a result of the update.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208331

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/12/06/...onth-of-testing

Plus, according to one thread I read on the Apple forums, it's fixed at least one freezing problem related to the GPU.


--------------------
"Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog." ~Doug Larson
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Highmac
post Dec 7 2017, 03:07 PM
Post #5


Admin2


Group: Admin
Posts: 5,121
Joined: 27-March 01
From: Northants UK
Member No.: 407



Thanks - this MBP is still on 10.13.1 but I'll get it back on mains power tomorrow and update. Thanks for the link, Jim thumbup.gif


--------------------
Neil
My Macs:
MBP Mid-2010 15in; 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard);
27in mid-2011 iMac 3.1 GHz i5, OS10.8.5 (Mountain Lion), 4GB RAM, 1TB HD;
MBP Retina, 15in, Mid-2014, OS X High Sierra
Oh, and a G3 DV-SE (OS9.*) in the cupboard behind me...


Avatar flag from 3D flags
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Dec 7 2017, 06:53 PM
Post #6


Patience is for humans!


Group: Admin
Posts: 23,761
Joined: 16-November 00
From: Memphis, TN area
Member No.: 234
My Mac(s): 10.12.6



I'm not skipping the update, I'm skipping the whole OS until they get the major bugs squashed. If you already have 10.13, by all means make the update, even if it's only from the App Store. I've edited my original post to clarify that, I hope.


--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY
where a chicken can cross the road
without having its motives questioned.

Signals, holiday 2014
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
kimmer
post Dec 7 2017, 09:35 PM
Post #7


Snowball


Group: Admin
Posts: 8,189
Joined: 2-April 02
Member No.: 995



QUOTE(Xairbusdriver @ Dec 7 2017, 04:53 PM) *
I'm not skipping the update, I'm skipping the whole OS...

Same here. I'm holding off updating to HS until I can afford to replace my iMac. I'll follow xABD's example and clarify that in my other post. Don't want to lead astray those who are already using HS.


--------------------
My Macs: iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 10.12.6; rMBPro; default browser: Safari; default email: browser for gmail
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Xairbusdriver
post Dec 8 2017, 10:02 AM
Post #8


Patience is for humans!


Group: Admin
Posts: 23,761
Joined: 16-November 00
From: Memphis, TN area
Member No.: 234
My Mac(s): 10.12.6



Speaking of updates... I assume the same Security updates made in HS are now in a Software update for 10.12: iTunes 12.7.2, Safari 11.0.2, Security Update 2017-002 10.12.6). There is likely also one for 10.11. Installing as I rite. It requires a Restart, BTW.


--------------------
I DREAM OF A SOCIETY
where a chicken can cross the road
without having its motives questioned.

Signals, holiday 2014
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 07:49 PM